It’s not just homes that can be affected by flooding, flooding may also be a risk to your business. Think of how much you could lose in stock, equipment and fittings due to a flood, along with the profits you could lose for the days and weeks it might take you to clean up after the flood.
Create a Business FloodSmart Plan
One of the simplest ways to manage the risk of flooding to your business is to create a Business FloodSmart Plan. Being FloodSmart is not expensive or time consuming, but it may help save lives and prevent injuries, and also help you reduce the financial damage that floods can cause.
The online Business FloodSmart Toolkit is an interactive template which is self guided to assist in the development of your plan. You can customise the plan as much as you like, or you can simply use the suggestions provided in the template.
You will be asked to enter your email address, and to choose a password. Once you have entered these details you will be able to access your plan at any time, and your information will be securely stored so that your plan is still available even if your computer is damaged or lost.
Start creating your Business FloodSmart Plan now.
Resources for creating your Business FloodSmart Plan
- Business FloodSafe Toolkit for Riverine Flooding.pdf (4.18 MB)
- Business FloodSafe Toolkit for Flash Flooding.pdf (4.23 MB)
- Business FloodSafe Poster for Riverine Flooding.pdf (282 KB)
- Business FloodSafe Poster for Flash Flooding.pdf (271 KB)
Tips for creating your Business FloodSmart Plan
These tips will help you get the most out of your Business Floodsmart Plan:
- Involve as many employees as possible in the creation and management of your Business FloodSmart Plan to build ownership and understanding within your team.
- Make sure you have at least three hard copies of your plan – one for displaying at your business premises, one stored in your emergency kit and one stored offsite.
- Display FloodSmart posters around your premises to help develop employee awareness of flooding.
Business FloodSmart – Rural Case Study
An SES case study about flooding at The Home Hotel in Launching Place. It highlights the importance of flood preparedness and having a Business FloodSmart Plan.
Business FloodSmart – Metropolitan Case Study
An SES case study about flooding at Some Like It Hot in the Melbourne CBD. It highlights the importance of flood preparedness and having a Business FloodSmart Plan.